Terms and conditions
LCCM is a private higher education college and an approved institution of The Open University. Governance of the college is defined by:
- the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) UK Quality Code
- the OU Academic Regulations
- a Board of Directors
Please note that these terms and conditions (these “Terms”) apply only to students of LCCM who meet the Eligibility Criteria and who have applied for a place on a Level 7 Course, which commences on any date up to two years after their graduation. Provision of a scholarship is subject to you accepting these terms and conditions. Scholarships made pursuant and subject to these terms and conditions are made by London College of Creative Media at Music Box, 241 Union Street, London SE1 0LR (“LCCM”).
For the avoidance of doubt, subject to these terms and conditions, you remain bound by the financial and contractual obligations of LCCM’s terms and conditions applicable to your enrolment on your undergraduate course or Level 7 Course (as applicable) (the “Main Terms”). You will remain liable for the fees for your undergraduate course and Level 7 Course under the Main Terms which include the fee schedule relating to your Course and Level 7 Course (the “Fee Schedule”).LCCM’s standard cancellation and deferral terms will apply to your undergraduate course and Level 7 Course (as the case may be) as set out in the Main Terms.
The Alumni Discount
- If you meet the Eligibility Criteria (as defined in paragraph 4 of these Terms) then LCCM will reduce your Level 7 Course Tuition Fee (as defined below) by 100%, to be applied as set out in paragraph 8 of these Terms (the “Alumni Discount”).
- For the purposes of these Terms, “Level 7 Course Tuition Fee” means the Level 7 course fees applicable to your Level 7 Course as described in the Main Terms and the Fee Schedule.
- The Alumni Discount is subject to the Terms set out below.
- To be eligible to receive the Alumni Discount, you must meet the following eligibility criteria (the “Eligibility Criteria”):
- You must enrol for an LCCM undergraduate award in February 2021 or October 2021 which, for the avoidance of doubt, must be designed and delivered in the United Kingdom (or, in the case of online delivery, be designed and delivered from the United Kingdom);
- You must graduate from your undergraduate course with a minimum 2ii (hons);
- All LCCM undergraduate awards (i.e. Degree) are eligible;
- You must receive or have received an offer for a Level 7 Course at LCCM;
- You must not be a sponsored student (or become sponsored prior to the first day of your Level 7 Course). For the purposes of these Terms a “sponsored student” is a student whose Level 7 Course Tuition Fee paid entirely by a sponsoring employer direct to LCCM. If only part of your Level 7 Course Tuition Fee is paid by a sponsoring employer direct to LCCM, you are not considered to be “sponsored student” for the purpose of these Terms; and
- You must always comply with these Terms and the Main Terms during your Course and thereafter.
- If you defer your place on your Level 7 Course once and for one academic year, you will continue to be eligible for the Alumni Discount. Any subsequent deferrals or deferrals for more than one academic year will make you ineligible for the Alumni Discount.
- You will be ineligible or cease to be eligible for the Alumni Discount if by the enrolment date of your Level 7 Course:
- you did not complete your Course;
- you graduated with a 3rd Class or Pass degree
- you accept or have already accepted an offer of a place with another course provider prior to accepting a place on a Level 7 Course;
- you cancel your place on the Level 7 Course;
- you are withdrawn by LCCM from the Level 7 Course for any reason;
- you transfer your place on the Level 7 Course to a course which is not a Level 7 Course under these Terms;
- you are a sponsored student (as that term is defined above) or become a sponsored student prior to the first day of your Level 7 Course;
- you no longer meet the Eligibility Criteria for any other reason.
- If you cease to be eligible for the Alumni Discount under these Terms at any point during your Level 7 Course, then you will be will become immediately liable to pay the Level 7 Course Tuition Fee in full for your Level 7 Course under the Main Terms.
Application of the Alumni Discount
- If you meet the Eligibility Criteria, then LCCM will automatically apply the 100% Masters discount and reduce your deposit for your Level 7 Couse by 100%.
- Should any refund or credit note be due to you under these Terms, the value of such refund or credit note will be the amount of fees actually paid by you.
Tuition Fee for your Level 7 Course.
- The Alumni Discount is not to be combined with any other promotional offer or offer of reimbursement, rebate or credit offered by LCCM for any Course or any other University courses.
- The Alumni Discount is awarded at the sole discretion of LCCM and LCCM’s decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entered into concerning the award of the Alumni Discount.
- LCCM reserves the right to withdraw the Alumni Discount at any time without notice.
- If there is a conflict between these Terms and the Main Terms applicable to either your Course or your Level 7 Course or between these Terms and any other terms issued by LCCM relevant to the Alumni Discount, then these Terms shall prevail. For the avoidance of doubt, if you are not eligible or cease to be eligible for the Alumni Discount under these Terms, you will remain liable for your Level 7
Course Tuition Fee for your Level 7 Course in accordance with the Main Terms.
- You must notify LCCM immediately of any change in your circumstances which may affect your eligibility to receive the Alumni Discount. If you fail to do so, LCCM will be entitled to recover or adjust (as appropriate) any award given or to be given to you under the Alumni Discount. LCCM shall also be entitled to recover or adjust any Alumni Discount given in error.
- LCCM reserves the right to amend or update these Terms at any time to comply with law or meet its changing business requirements without notice to you. Any updates or amendments will be published on LCCM’s website at https://www.lccm.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/.
- These Terms (including any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms) are governed by English law and are subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these Terms to any other person (including a company or business). For the avoidance of doubt, the Alumni Discount is non-transferable.
- No cash alternative will be offered.
- LCCM is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to any applicant that is caused by any circumstances beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party.
- Failure or delay by LCCM to exercise any of its rights or remedies (full or partial) under these Terms shall not constitute any form of waiver.
- Unless otherwise stated, the Alumni Discount will not include travel, accommodation, food, living costs, relocation costs, any other financial support of any kind, additional study materials and any amounts payable to any professional body in order to participate in the relevant Level 7 Course or any costs associated with exemptions and examination entries.
LCCM Free Scholarship Competition
Please read these LCCM Scholarship Competition rules carefully. If you enter this competition, we will assume that you have read these rules and that you agree to them.
Entering the LCCM Scholarship Competition
1. The LCCM Free Scholarship Competition is open to all applicants who have been accepted to study on any of LCCM’s full-time courses commencing October 2021, meet all course entry criteria and who are aged 17 years or over, except employees of LCCM, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of LCCM’s Free Scholarship Competition.
2. To enter the competition a candidate must have accepted their offer to study at LCCM and signed the contract and submitted their scholarship audition materials by the Closing Date.
3. The Closing Date of the LCCM Free Scholarship Competition is 23.59 on 30 September 2021.
4. LCCM accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault (technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure) of any kind.
5. A winner will be chosen on merit by a panel on 11 October 2021
7. The winner will receive a free Scholarship at LCCM to cover LCCM course fees valued up to a maximum of twenty-seven thousand seven-hundred and fifty pounds (£27,750) (‘Prize’).
8. The winner of the Prize will be notified on their LCCM email address by 15 October 2021. If the winner does not respond to LCCM within 7 days of being notified by LCCM then the winner’s Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
9. The Prize will be offset against course fees due to be paid each academic year by the winner of the Prize and will be applied when the applicable course fees become due for payment.
10. The Prize for the winner is non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash-equivalent is available.
11. The decision of LCCM regarding any aspect of the LCCM Free Scholarship Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
12. LCCM must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, LCCM will publish the name of the winner of the Prize within one month of the closing date as stated in condition 4. above
LCCM Free Scholarship Competition Conditions
13. The prize winner will be bound by LCCM’s standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment https://lccm.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/
14. The Prize winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the LCCM Free Scholarship Competition and the winner shall participate in such activity on LCCM's reasonable request. LCCM and its related companies may use for an unlimited time, the winners' voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by LCCM and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice.
16. LCCM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the LCCM Free Scholarship Competition or accepting the Prize. LCCM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the LCCM Free Scholarship Competition. Nothing in these conditions shall exclude the liability of LCCM for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
17. LCCM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this LCCM Free Scholarship Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of LCCM in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. LCCM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, pandemic, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
LCCM Free Scholarship Terms & Conditions
19. A full scholarship will be awarded at LCCM to cover the winner’s full-time tuition fees for the regular duration of their enrolled programme at LCCM and for a maximum of three years for an undergraduate degree.
20. The LCCM Free Scholarship is open to all current applicants for LCCM courses starting in October 2021 and any new applicants to LCCM that:
- Meet the entry criteria set out above; and
- Apply, accept and return their contracts of enrolment within the dates and timescales set out in condition 4. above.
21. The full Scholarship winner will receive a maximum 3-year waiver of fees as described in condition 7 above.
22. The scholarship winner must:
(a) pass each year with an average mark of not less than 55% per academic year to continue to receive their scholarship;
(b) complete their course and graduate;
(c) act as an ambassador for LCCM including but not limited to attending and where required performing at open days, performing at schools’ visits, conducting tours and helping to promote LCCM at other such recruitment or outreach events.
23. LCCM reserves the right to withdraw any scholarship award where the scholar fails to meet the above requirements or where the scholar defers their place, interrupts their studies or withdraw from their course. The decision of LCCM is final.
24. Where LCCM withdraws any scholarship for the above reason, LCCM reserves the right to seek payment from the scholar for the remaining balance of fees as per the standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment.
25. All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to LCCM will become the property of LCCM on receipt and will not be returned to you.
26. By submitting your Competition entry and any accompanying material, you agree to:
(a) assign to LCCM all of your intellectual property rights to your audition tape, pitch or performance with full title guarantee; and
(b) waive all moral rights in and to your LCCM Free Scholarship Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
27. These Terms and Conditions and any disputes under them (whether contractual or non-contractual), shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
28. If any provision or part-provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this Agreement.
29. You may not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any of you rights and obligations under these Terms and Conditions. LCCM may at any time assign, mortgage, charge, declare a trust over or deal in any manner with any or all of its rights under these Terms and Conditions.
Third Party Rights
30. These Terms and Conditions do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
31. These Terms and conditions together with LCCM's standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment constitute the entire agreement between LCCM and you. They supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to the LCCM scholarship competition. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions or LCCM's standard Terms and Conditions of Enrolment shall exclude or limit any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
Refer a friend to LCCM and receive a £100 Ticketmaster voucher (subject to the Terms and Conditions below).
- Only existing LCCM students (whether undergraduate / postgraduate enrolled as full time / part time students) are entitled to refer an unlimited number of friends and benefit from this offer. This offer does not apply to any student enrolled on a short course at LCCM.
- In order to benefit from this offer, the student referring a friend must:
- Complete the ‘Refer a Friend’ application form found here; and
- Inform their advisor at the point of his / her friend(s) application / payment. Students who fail to comply with these steps will lose their ability to benefit from this offer.
- Prior to benefitting from this offer, the students being referred to LCCM must successfully complete the enrolment process at LCCM, and LCCM must have received payment from Student Finance England (SFE). This offer will not apply if the student being referred fails to successfully enrol at LCCM.
- This offer only applies to students who are referred after 1st April 2019. Any student referrals made prior to this date will not benefit from this offer.
- Only new students or new prospective students can be referred to LCCM. This offer does not apply to any individuals who have previously been in contact with LCCM via any means, i.e. they will not qualify as suitable referrals.
- LCCM students can refer the same friend only once and can benefit from this offer only after the student being referred has enrolled at LCCM and booked its first course. If the student being referred books more courses with LCCM in the future (e.g. 2nd, 3rd, 4thbooking, etc.), this offer shall not apply to the student.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion, including scholarships and/or bursaries.
- The bonus amount is awarded at LCCM’s sole discretion and will be transferred to the student’s bank account in due course. Please allow a maximum of 2 weeks for the transfer. The offer is not applicable to any student who applies for a refund and/or withdraws from their course at LCCM.
- Please note the offer is not transferable to another student or third party.
- Subject to your approval, LCCM may feature your interview/photo/profile/story on LCCM’s websites and/or other LCCM publications. We will always ask for your permission/approval prior to publishing this.
- The student remains bound by LCCM’s General Terms and Conditions at all times: https://lccm.org.uk/terms-and-conditions/
- LCCM reserves the right to withdraw the offer at any time without any further liability to the student.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
For students to be eligible for funding from Student Finance England, they must be studying on an eligible course at a provider registered with the Office for Students (OfS).The OfS is the new independent regulator for higher education in England and all higher education providers need to register with the OfS for their students to be eligible for student support in the 2019-20 academic year. The OfS will start publishing providers on its Register from July 2018. We have made an application to register and expect a decision by the end of April 2019. Should this timescale change we will provide an update via our website. No provider will be able to confirm whether student support is available until it has a decision from the OfS. Visit www.officeforstudents.org.uk for more information
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user's device.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
How to control cookies
Disabling cookies may result in some features on our websites, and some of our online services, not functioning correctly or as intended. Cookies will typically expire automatically after 2 years, though you can choose to delete your cookies at any point manually or disable cookies on your computer.
Cookies used on LCCM domain and sub domains
In accordance with ICC UK Cookie guide, we use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order for you to move around the website and use its features. Usage examples are accessing secure areas of a site and adding items to a shopping basket. Essentially, they enable services you have specifically asked for.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages a visitor goes to most often. They do not identify a visitor and are only used to improve how a website works. Analytics cookies fall into this category. Essentially, they collect anonymous information on the pages visited.
These cookies remember choices made by a user to personalise a site, such as area you are in or language. Essentially, they remember choices you have made to improve your experience.
Targeting or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to the users. Essentially, they collect information on your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited
Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.
This cookie is used to collect information on how users from facebook interact with our website
Speeds up loading of page
Cookie pop up only loads once for recurring visitors
Allows us to email customers who abandon a transaction on our website to ask if they need any assistance from our supporter services team.