MSc Entertainment Management & Analytics
MSc Entertainment Management & Analytics Course Overview
Full-time or Part-time
Sept 2024 UK / EEA: £10,500
SEPT 2024 UK / EEA: £5,250/yr
Full Time: 1 year & Part Time: 2 years
SFE funding available
|International/ EU Applicants||
If you are arriving after the UK has left the EU on January 1st 2021, you will require a visa to study in the UK, LCCM will not be able to sponsor you for a student visa. To find out more information, please visit the following page: apply to the EU Settlement Scheme.
University for the Creative Arts
|Term & Start Dates||
Austin Milne, Programme Leader for PG Courses: firstname.lastname@example.org
LCCM’s MSc in Entertainment Science is a specialist master’s degree for career entry or career development for those involved or interested in a career in entertainment management with particular focus on digital content marketing and decision-making using data insights and practical theory. The 12-month intensive programme aims to develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of the unique nature and defining characteristics of entertainment content and how research and insights in consumer behaviour can help improve decision making and indicate replicable strategies for success in this sector.
The year begins with “Research & Academic Practice” and “Entertainment Analytics” modules, which will see students conduct research using various entertainment data sources, test their ideas, and communicate their findings and reflections in written and spoken argument. In the second term students will build on their findings to produce a range of business planning and pitching documents, as well as learning established strategies for digital distribution and marketing of entertainment content. In the final term, students will undertake a final project, guided by tutors whilst gaining deeper knowledge of innovative professional practice delivered via case studies in leadership, strategic management and entrepreneurial release strategies.
An associate college of:
The programme aims to encourage the use of practical theory and evidence based reasoning, both systematically and creatively, to solve complex problems and improve professional practice in the management of music, TV, film and gaming content.
Graduates from this programme will benefit from lifelong transferable skills in research, organisation, creative thinking, commercial acumen, quantitative analysis and communication.
With a focus on student-led projects, the course guides them through research, product development, branding and audience identification processes to find and grow an engaged audience for their entertainment projects. Additionally, students will examine a range of case studies from across the content industries and learn best practices for distributing and marketing their releases.
The programme aims to help you:
- Develop critical abilities, specialist knowledge and practical skills for the development and distribution of entertainment content;
- Learn practical and theoretical strategies to aid decision-making, build audiences and improve outcomes for your business or entrepreneurial projects;
- Expand and manage different stakeholder relationships within relevant professional and creative communities;
- Propose, manage and deliver practical projects drawing from independent inquiry and experimentation, and generates new academic, commercial and professional insights;
- Prepare students for careers as entertainment managers, leadership roles within digital content organisations, and for further research within industry or academic settings.
Who is this course for?
LCCM’s MSc in Entertainment Science is a specialist master’s degree for entertainment executives or recent graduates looking to gain valuable and relevant skills with a particular focus on digital content marketing and decision-making using data insights and practical theory.
The MSc in Entertainment Science will help you establish or develop your career within entertainment by giving you confidence in data analytics, audience development and strategic management of entertainment content.
You’ll learn from experienced tutors, industry guest talks and LCCM’s vibrant and creative student community. You’ll be sharing classes and able to network and collaborate with other Master’s programmes including our Creative Entrepreneurship and Music Performance and Production students. LCCM’s tutors are mostly practising industry professionals - who also have teaching qualifications or experience - rather than career academics. We are based in Central London, close to the industry and have the highest student satisfaction in our sector (NSS 2019 & 2020).
The MSc is intended primarily as a career development programme for current or future executives involved in the production, marketing and distribution of digital entertainment content. To benefit fully from the MSc you should:
- be a numerate, business-savvy and computer literate graduate with a bachelors degree (2.2 minimum) or 4 years relevant sector experience and a Level 3+ qualification
- have English language competency equivalent to CEFR Level C1 (7.0 overall, 6.5 in each category). If English is not your first language.
- be able to provide professional references, if applying based on your professional experience.
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us what your background and career goals are and why the course interests you. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to demonstrate one or more of the following:
- A passion, interest or professional background in the entertainment sector
- a comfort with numbers and statistical analysis
- knowledge of management and business theory
- entrepreneurial drive or clear career ambition
- some computing, digital software or programming experience eg. Excel, SQL, Python, Tableau, Google Analytics
- good writing, communication and presentation skills