Employability & Careers
We love watching our students develop during their time at LCCM and always excited to see what they go on to achieve. We’ve produced award-winning alumni who have changed the game internationally within the music industry. Starting in 2019, we’re excited to launch dedicated in-house Industry Liaison and Careers Services for all students past, present and future.
Our courses are chiefly designed around one key element – the real world. Popular Music evolves every minute – day by day there is another breaking story, another breaking song, someone breaking the mould. Everything we do at LCCM is informed by our interactions with the contemporary music industry. Our approach to careers is personalised and individual, including exciting seminar-style events featuring career professionals and industry leaders. We are proactive with students – we actively seek industry opportunities to match to our students and recent graduates. Our personal industry links allow us to place talent directly into work or in front of influential execs: major label A&R, Live Agent scouts, Recruiters, and more.
Our career services include:
- One-to-one careers advice with our Careers and Industry Liaison Officer, available to students and alumni anytime between 9am-5pm from Monday to Friday
- Bespoke, boutique course modules built on current industry developments: Our teaching is backed up by industry expertise and knowledge of current and future industry needs
- Interactive, exciting and relevant talks, lectures and masterclasses from pivotal industry professionals
- In-house Artist Development and A&R: with a strong track record in this particular area, we can help you strategise and execute your Artist projects and releases, every step of the way
- Improving your core employability skills such as CV development, job applications and interview preparation: we work with you to make your application as strong as possible. We’re forward-thinking and understand every student is different – not everyone’s experience can be quantified on two sheets of A4.
- Promoting work experience, employment opportunities and placements - we’ll always be in contact if we know there is something that is applicable to you.
- Career days and weekly industry discussion workshops - focused events helping students tune-in to the industry and get ahead
- Continued access to support and guidance after you complete your studies with us
JD Donovan, LCCM Industry Liaison
JD is a vastly experienced young music executive. An active artist manager with a background in songwriting and production, JD built his own agency, It’s Never Simple, specialising in artist development and independent campaigns after working with Grammy award-winning US record producer, Dallas Austin. JD’s client roster has accumulated over 460 million streams and includes emerging and global talents across multiple genres. JD leads the Music Industry Monday networking and talks series and is a focal point in student life at LCCM. His unparalleled speciality in artist and career development plus his personal links to major artists, labels, music publishers, PR agencies, media and recruiters make him a key asset to students as they begin shaping their future careers.