We believe we can collectively change the music industry for the better – helping to bring about a fairer, more diverse, better educated… musically more exciting future!
Higher education should have value for life and we hope your studies at LCCM will be a time of creative and cultural experimentation as well as personal development. We want to help you develop lifelong skills in communication, creative expression, collaboration and cultural understanding as well as furthering your talent, passions and personal ambitions.
We believe in the Schopenhauer principle that music is the pinnacle of the arts and so at its best can be considered the highest form of human expression. So be true to yourself, whether you are an artist, entrepreneur or future executive. Be original and inventive. Your ideas and talent, if you work hard, can help bring about this exciting future.
To deliver this vision we commit, wherever possible to teach:
- In small groups with students being supported by one-to-one tutorials
- With current insight from top industry professionals
- In a friendly, creative environment
- With access to industry-standard facilities and resources
- To the highest of academic standards
- With students focusing on how to collaborate and communicate effectively
- With exceptional skills embedded into the curriculum to ensure work-readiness for all sectors after graduation
We’ve been doing this since 2002, when our founders, all professional musicians themselves, decided to launch a new college for contemporary popular music in the centre of London. The aim was to create a new approach to teaching music that mixed the best of the good universities and conservatories with an art school environment. The course that emerged embedded production with performance, establishing LCCM as the first music college where all students had to master both performance and production; a development that was increasingly evident in the music industry.
The Music Box
We’ve always been based on Union Street, SE1 and in March 2018 we opened our brand new purpose-built creative campus, The Music Box, which is located in the heart of London’s cultural Southbank. This coincided with an expansion of our degree programmes with new awards in music business, professional writing and creative entrepreneurship.
Partnership with UCA:
In 2023, we updated our entire award portfolio through a new partnership with the University of the Creative Arts, the leading arts university in the UK at the time. We now offer degree programmes in:
CERT HE COURSES
- MUSIC PERFORMANCE & PRODUCTION
- COMPOSITION FOR FILM, GAMES & OTHER MEDIA
- COMMERCIAL MUSIC TECHNOLOGY