On Saturday 14 August we are back with another Music Industry Insiders Day at the Music Box – a day jampacked full of workshops, performances and a headline Box Talk from DJ Semtex!
The event is completely free and open to all musicians who are thinking of a career in the music industry. Join us on the day and get the chance to:
- Experience some industry-relevant masterclasses and taster workshops in performance, songwriting, music production and music business
- Meet our industry-leading staff and tutors
- Hang out with current LCCM students and meet your potential future classmates and collaborators
- Watch LCCM's 1st year Music Business Management and Music Performance students’ joint event, 'Worldvision' celebrating LCCM performers from around the world
- Tour our Music Box facility with its state-of-the-art studios, rehearsal rooms and underground live music venue
- Meet the music industry trade bodies that represent your rights as a musician or songwriter
- Attend one of our 'Box Talks' events with DJ Semtex – DJ, presenter, A&R and host of Spotify's "Who We Be" podcast
- Get your questions answered about your future career pathway, life at LCCM and the student experience
This is our first in-person event back after 18 months and we're so excited to welcome you safely to our Music Box campus in Central London. If you would prefer to attend online, that's not a problem. There will be a livestream of all the key sessions and workshops, and you can register for an 'Online Only' pass to get access. 🤟🏻
Depending on what you are interested in, you can go along to any or all of the following events:
12PM – Registration & Music Box tours
12.30PM – Welcome talk and student performance
1PM – Songwriting workshop OR Music Business Management taster session
2PM – Performance workshop
3PM – 'LCCM Worldvision' performances (Level 4 student project) OR Production drop-in session
4PM – Production workshop
5PM – Box Talk with DJ Semtex 🔥
Throughout the day:
- Admissions advisors and current students will be on hand to answer your questions about studying at LCCM
- All-day access to stalls from our music industry partners such as Ivors Academy and more
- "Open-door" policy in certain rooms in the Music Box to check out the building in use
- Soft drinks are available for free from the Venue Bar
Having operated the building successfully over the past year, we are confident in running an inclusive, exciting day which is safe for all. If you're understandably a little apprehensive about attending an event in-person, you can join online and still experience everything virtually. LCCM has a raft of COVID-secure measures in place, with sanitisation stations, ventilation and social distancing floor markers.
To help keep us all safe, we will be kindly asking that you:
- Do not attend if you or anyone in your household or recent close contacts have current symptoms of COVID-19
- Check in via the NHS QR code – if you don't have the NHS Test and Trace app, you can check in using our QR code to declare you are symptom-free
- Wear a face covering in busy spaces and keep a safe distance from people not in your household group or bubble
- Use hand sanitiser regularly and wash your hands!
- If possible, take and record a negative lateral flow test result a maximum of 24 hours before the event – you'll need to display official NHS confirmation of this either via the NHS Covid Pass or an NHS email or text message. You can get home testing kits for free via the NHS or your local pharmacy
Once you have checked in via the NHS or LCCM QR code, we will take a temperature check before you enter the building. If you have not been fully vaccinated or attend without recording a negative test result, we will kindly ask for you to wear a face covering throughout the day and observe social-distancing guidelines. We can't mandate any of these procedures but if we all keep it cool and think of one another, we'll be safer together!
Places are limited, book your place for the upcoming Music Industry Insiders Day here.