Based in the heart of one of the world’s leading music business cities, your tutors are academically qualified, high level music industry executives who in addition to their teaching, are still active in the music business. They have played a significant role in the success of many established artists working with companies like Universal, Sony, Warner, EMI and Ministry of Sound.
BA (Hons) Music Industry Management
Do you want to establish a career in the music industry as a business-astute artist or executive? Designed and delivered by Industry professionals, our music business degree course will help you understand who, why, when and what you might get paid from making and releasing music; the social media tricks and tools you need to build your audience from scratch and the most in demand skills or the modern music business - harnessing data and sharing insights from the new gold rush of music streaming.
The Music Industry Management degree is run by Anthony Hamer-Hodges, an award-winning artist manager, record label exec and co-founder of a music streaming app.
“I am so grateful for my experience at LCCM. Anthony’s teaching and guidance gave me the practical knowledge and confidence to join the music industry.”
Copyright & Royalties Assistant, Domino Publishing
UK/EU: £9,250 p/a*, International: £15,000 p/a*
UCAS application and interview
The Open University
*For courses starting in 2019, the fee for UCAS application is £18 for a single choice or £24 for more than one choice. Please note: the fee should be paid directly to UCAS.
Why choose us
- Industry-leading professional tutors
- Superb facilities in a brand-new, purpose built building
- Field trips and workshops inside the offices of the most forward thinking music companies
- Unique opportunities to collaborate with other like minded creatives
- Study in the heart of creative London
- Vibrant, friendly environment
- Course you can customise
- One to one support
- Small class sizes
- Lifelong friends and professional contacts
Music industry tutors
What you can do
You will develop the knowledge, cultural understanding and practical skills needed to be a successful recording artist or executive at a major record label, music publishing or live events company. You will also gain contacts, confidence and problem solving skills which might inspire you to start your own business or help you make more money from releasing your own music.
- Minimum age: 18+
- A minimum of 96 UCAS points,gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications (e.g. A Level, BTEC Diploma), in any subject area.
- An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and Englishor a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
We also welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with demonstrable passion for and practical experience in the music industry.
You may be invited to an interview to assess your eligibility for the course if:
- you have not met the minimum entry criteria but show within your application a strong interest, and promise of ability for the course; or
- there is insufficient information in your application for us to make a decision
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us what your aims in the music business are and why it interests you. Your ability to communicate effectively is important, so the quality of your writing is a factor in how we make our decision. In particular, we will be looking for you to show an interest in the music business, demonstrated by one or more of the following:
- enthusiasm for listening to live or recorded music
- reading about music/the music industry
- performing music as a soloist, a band member or forming a band
- organising gigs or music events
- using social media to publish or promote music
If you wish to study the options from the BMus (Hons) that are available to your course, you will also have to demonstrate that you meet the music entry criteria as listed above for BMus students.