Cert He Music Performance
1 Year Certificate of Higher Education
UK / EEA: £9,250 p/a*, International: £15,000 p/a*
The Open University
UCAS application and audition
*For courses starting in 2019, the fee for UCAS application is £18 for a single choice or £24 for more than one choice. Please note: the fee should be paid directly to UCAS.
Our one year Music Performance course is perfect if you want to advance your existing instrumental or vocal skills, improve your understanding of music theory and perform contemporary popular music with like-minded people. Our aim is to give you the skills, knowledge and opportunity to help you create the music you want to make.
Progress on to our BMus
What our students do
- Artist, band member, ‘session musician’, producer, songwriter, ‘top-liner’
- Creative industries entrepreneur
- Instrumental teaching
- Further study
Why choose us
- A personal, friendly environment
- A course you can customise
- Workshops where you play for hours
- Small class sizes
- Form your own bands and projects
- Perform in music venues across London
- Study in the heart of creative London
- Superb facilities and resources
- Make friends and professional contacts for life
- Masterclasses and guest speakers
- Drum and bass workshops
- Ensemble workshops covering Latin, Jazz, Funk
- Open piano
- Open guitar
- Drum Line
Minimum age: 18+
UCAS Tariff: A minimum of 64 UCAS points, gained from at least two full Level 3 qualifications (e.g. A Level, BTEC Diploma), in any subject area.
An Access to Higher Education course or a BTEC Extended Diploma will be considered as equivalent to two full Level 3 qualifications.
GCSE grade C/4 or above in Maths and English or a Level 2 equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills).
We also welcome applications from mature students (21+ years) and those without formal qualifications but with demonstrable passion for and practical experience in music.
The personal statement is an important part of your application and is your chance to tell us about your aims in music and why it interests you.
In addition to your application entry onto the programme will be determined by your audition and interview. All applicants meeting the minimum entry requirements and whose application demonstrates the capability to complete this programme will be offered an audition.